Despite its troubled, violent past, the Lebanese capital of Beirut is an eclectic, mesmerizing cultural haven. Book a cheap flight to Beirut, and you’ll be swept away by the interwoven tapestry of Middle Eastern and European culture filled with nightlife, cafes, beaches, and delicious cuisine that earned the city the reputation of “The Paris of the Middle East”.
With its Mediterranean climate, temperatures in Beirut are best suited for visitors from April to June. Summer gets oppressively humid, and heavy rains fall from December to February.
When to fly to Beirut
April to June has the most seasonable weather; the summers get uncomfortably hot in this Mediterranean climate, and heavy rains fall in the winter.
Getting around Beirut
Don’t try to navigate the crazy traffic in a rental car, instead opt for taxis or ‘service’ taxis, which are shared taxis; they aren’t quite as convenient as getting your own but they’re a bit cheaper. Be aware that Lebanese taxi drivers are notorious for overcharging by two to three times the real value of a ride.
Beirut insider information
Because of its French colonial history, many Beirutis (yes, Beirutis), speak French – and a little French can go a long way. A simple ‘Bonjour’ when you enter a café, shop, or taxi can establish a good initial impression with whoever you’re about to do business with. And of course, don’t forget to say ‘Merci’ whenever appropriate.
Find the best prices for you!
Prices found by our users for local departures to Beirut
Airports for Beirut
How much do things cost in Beirut?
More information about Beirut
- The Downtown district is metropolitan and fun-loving with malls for shopping and lovely local cafes.
- Catch a flight to Beirut Rafic Hariri Airport; step off the plane and you’re virtually in the city centre
- Getting a little homesick? The Ashrafieh is well known for its modern looks and top Western brands.
- Engross yourself in captivating modern Arabic culture: Beirut has a number of fine museums and art galleries.
- The Al Omari Mosque with its gigantic minarets is a must for anyone looking for amazing holiday photos.
- Click the links above to find great deals on flights to Beirut; the ideal start to a great holiday.
- Take a relaxing mid-afternoon walk along the seafront promenade; it’s one of the most attractive areas of the city.
- A cute and compact cosmopolitan city, Beirut is located at the centre of the Lebanese Mediterranean coast.
- Beirut International Film Festival is held every October, and is a must for fans of unique independent movies.
- Visit Ramlet El Baida for the only sandy beach to be found on Beirut’s shores.