As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves around the world, we’ll continue to provide information to help you confidently make decisions regarding your travel plans.
If you already have travel booked or are starting to consider future travel plans, it’s important to stay up-to-date on travel restrictions and travel providers’ change and cancellation policies. We’re rolling out new filters and alerts on our site and providing a list of partners below that are currently offering flexible policies so you can make informed travel decisions for your family and yourself.
(Note: As the situation changes, so will policies. We will do our best to update this list as soon as possible, but suggest to always check with the provider directly for the most current information.)
We urge travellers to take protective measures against COVID-19 (also known as coronavirus). Take care of your health and protect others by frequently washing your hands, staying home if you feel unwell and covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow when you cough or sneeze. Learn more.
If you are planning a trip:
From working with our travel partners to updating our search filters, here are some tools to help you plan for the future:
Flexible option filter: As airlines and hotels update their policies, we are adding a Flexible Option filter to search results. Using this filter, we’ll show providers offering free cancellation (in the form of travel credits) and providers that are waiving their change fees.
We’ve also updated our fare family flight descriptions so travelers can easily see whether or not changes are allowed on the route they are looking to book.
Route-specific alerts: For those destinations that may have current travel warnings issued by authorities, we’re including alerts on our site when you search.
Airlines with flexible change policies
When you purchase a ticket between March 4 and March 31, 2020, Air Canada will allow you to make a one-time change to your flight without incurring a change fee up to 14 days before travel.
For Saver Fares booked between February 27 and March 31, 2020 for travel through February 28, 2021, you can cancel your trip and deposit funds into your account.
For nonrefundable First Class or Main Fares booked between February 27 and March 31, 2020 for travel through February 28, 2021, you may make a one time change with no fee or cancel your trip and deposit funds into your account.
When you buy a new Non-Refundable Fare ticket by March 31, 2020, for travel through January 30, 2021, they’ll waive the change fee if your future travel plans change. You can make a one-time change before your original departure date.
No change fee applies to new bookings on any route made from Tuesday, March 3 to Monday, March 31, 2020.
No change fees for all tickets purchased between March 1-31, 2020 for travel through February 25, 2021.
Guests who book any flights between March 1-16, 2020 may change their travel to a future date without incurring change fees.
No change or cancellation fees for all new flight bookings made between February 27, 2020, and March 31, 2020, for travel through September 8, 2020.
Guests who book any flights before March 31, 2020 may rebook to a future travel date until December 31, 2020 without rebooking fees.
Never charges for changes or cancellations to a flight. Funds can be applied to future travel, as long as they cancel at least 10 minutes prior to flight departure.
When you book a flight between March 3 and March 31, 2020, you can change it for free over the next 12 months.
All new flight bookings made between March 5, 2020 and March 31, 2020 will be allowed a one-time change fee waiver for any itinerary change made more than 14 days from departure.
Hotels with flexible change policies
- Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and April 30, 2020 for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- For guests traveling to, through or from China with stays from January 23–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from Italy with stays from February 24–April 30, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from South Korea with stays from February 24–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from Saudi Arabia with stays from February 27–March 31, 2020.
- For guests traveling to, through or from Israel with stays from March 10–March 31, 2020.
- Waiving cancellation fees for travel through March 31, 2020, for guests residing in Greater China, South Korea, Japan and Italy with reservations at Hyatt hotels globally.
- Waiving cancellation fees for travel through March 31, 2020, for guests with reservations at Hyatt hotels in Greater China, South Korea, Japan and Italy.
- Any reservation you make between March 13, 2020 and April 30, 2020 – for any future arrival date – can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival. This includes Advance Purchase Rate reservations.
Waiving cancellation fees for existing and new bookings at all IHG hotels globally for stays between March 9, 2020 and April 30, 2020.
Waiving cancellation fees for hotel stays through March 31, 2020, for guests travelling to or from Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, French Polynesia and Italy.
For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and April 30, 2020, reservations may be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date.
- Extending their cancellation policy for the following reservations booked with a check-in date until 30 April 2020:
- Guests who have made room reservations in any of Radisson Hotel Group’s hotels in China, South Korea, Japan, Iran and Northern Italy and/or
- Guests originating from China, South Korea, Japan, Iran and Northern Italy to any of Radisson Hotel Group’s hotel globally
Waiving change/cancellation for guests travelling to or from China, South Korea, or Italy with direct bookings for stays in any of their hotels through March 31.
If you have a trip booked and are considering your options for canceling your plans preemptively…
Airlines and travel providers are continually updating their policies and will be a go-to resource for up-to-date information regarding changing upcoming travel plans. Please contact them directly for the latest information. Many are waiving cancellations fees. You can find the most up-to-date information on travel and individual airline policies below.
Travel advisories and policies by airline
Air New Zealand
Air Tahiti Nui
Delta Air Lines
Sun Country Airlines
TAP Air Portugal
If your airline isn’t listed above, find contact information here. If you booked with a provider other than an airline, please reach out to them directly for your options.